Papers relating to the estate of Francis William Rhodes
MSS. Afr. s. 2530
- (fols. 1-2) Handwritten guarantee from Claus Ernest Schaumann to Colonel Francis William Rhodes dated 28 Nov 1894
- (fol. 3) Salisbury Sanitary Board receipt dated 29 Nov 1894
- (fol. 4) Memorandum of fees transferred to Colonel F.W. Rhodes dated 30 Nov 1894
- (fols. 5-6) Letter from Scanlen & Syfret Attorneys to Henry Park dated 1 Dec 1894
- (fol. 7) Letters of Administration in respect of the estate of Francis William Rhodes dated 13 Dec 1906
- (fols. 8-14) Grant of Power of Attorney to Hercules Johannes du Preez in respect of the estate of Francis William Rhodes dated 26 Oct 1906
- (fols. 15-22) Indenture appointing Helen Irving Rhodes to be a trustee of the will of Francis William Rhodes dated 31 May 1907
- (fols. 23-28) Grant of Power of Attorney by Helen Irving Rhodes to Hercules Johannes du Preez in respoect of the estate of Francis William Rhodes dated 7 Mar 1912
- (fol. 29) Memorandum from the Master of the High Court in Salisbury, Southern Rhodesia, convening a meeting of the next of kin and creditors in the estate of Francis William Rhodes dated 17 May 1912
- (fols. 30-33) Lease agreement between the executor of the estate of Francis William Rhodes and Andrew Sutherland dated 25 Jun 1912
- (fols. 34-37) Memorandum of agreement of lease between the executor of the estate of Francis William Rhodes and T.F. Pickard dated 15 Nov 1915
- (fol. 38) Handwritten notes on back of Standard Bank deposit slip
- (Item 1) Trustee Act, 1893
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Permission must be sought from the depositor before publication.
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Afr. s. 2530].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
MSS. Afr. s. 2530
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 11953
Papers relating to the estate of Francis William Rhodes.
Biographical / Historical
Francis William Rhodes (1851-1905), army officer - see Dictionary of National Biography.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Deposited by the Rhodes Trust in April 2016.
- Papers relating to the estate of Francis William Rhodes
- Finding aid prepared by Lucy McCann
- Language of description