Oxford University ephemera collected by Ann Thwaite
MS. Eng. c. 8368
- (fols. 1-2) a telegram from a student cancelling a tutorial, 1954
- (fol. 3) a postcard to from Peter Wiles, 1955
- (fols. 4-14) University invitation cards, including 'At Homes', 1955, n.d.
- (fols.15-16) a Term card for the University Critical Society, Trinity 1954
- (fols. 17-25) four Term cards for the University Poetry Society: Michaelmas 1952; Michaelmas 1953; Trinity 1954; Trinity 1955. At folio 23 is a [2015?] Post-It note by Ann Thwaite relating to the Trinity Term card for 1954
- (fol. 26) a list of potential speakers or topics for the Poetry Society in Anthony Thwaite’s hand, 1950s
- (fols. 27-8) a playbill for Sleeping Beauty, a private production performed by the Oxford University Dramatic Society, n.d.
- (fol. 29) a playbill for George Bernard Shaw’s St. Joan, performed by The Christ Church Dramatic Society at the University of Freiburg, July 1953
- (fols. 30-1) two German newspaper reviews of St. Joan, 9 and 13 July 1953
- (fol. 32) a cutting from Cherwell, ‘Poets in Person’ [about the Poetry Society], February 1953
- (fols. 33-7) Anthony Thwaite, blood transfusion certificates, 1952-4
- 1952-1955, n.d.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Eng. c. 8368].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
MS. Eng. c. 8368
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 11525
Oxford University ephemera collected by Ann Thwaite, 1952-1955, n.d.
Biographical / Historical
Ann Thwaite (born 1932) is a British biographer.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by Ann Thwaite, 15 Jan 2015.
- Oxford University ephemera collected by Ann Thwaite
- Finding aid prepared by Original catalogue by Judith Priestman. EAD version by Harriet Costelloe
- Language of description