Papers of Samuel R. Whitley
MSS. N.Z. s. 9
Diary of the British National Union Empire Farmers' tour of New Zealand and Australia, 1930, with associated printed material and an album of photographs.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. N.Z. s. 9].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
MSS. N.Z. s. 9
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 4884
Biographical / Historical
Samuel Whitley (fl 1919-1930) and his wife Frances were the father and mother- in-law of Brigadier Frank Reginald Lindsay Goadby. In 1930 he led the British National Union Empire Farmers' tour of New Zealand and Australia.
Other Finding Aids
Listed as no. 653 in Manuscript Collections in Rhodes House Library Oxford, Accessions 1978-1994 (Oxford, Bodleian Library, 1996).
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were donated to the library through the Oxford Development Records Project in June/July 1981.
- 20th century
- Agriculture -- Australia -- History -- 20th century
- Agriculture -- New Zealand -- History -- 20th century
- Australia -- Description and travel
- British National Union Empire Farmers
- Farmers -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century
- New Zealand -- Description and travel
- Whitley | Samuel R. | fl 1919-1930 | farmer
- Papers of Samuel R. Whitley
- Paul Davidson
- Language of description
- Script of description