Photographs of landscapes, game, safaris, etc., Zambia and Malawi, [20th cent.?].
- Creation: [20th cent.?]
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Afr. r. 236].
MSS. Afr. r. 236
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 3923
Biographical / Historical
The collection was found in the library's printed book section with no record of its donor or date of donation, though it has been suggested that it came to the library in the mid 1950s. The majority of the photographs cover the area of Zambia formerly administered by the British South Africa Company, with a few from Malawi. Individuals featured in the collection include
- E.H. Cholmeley, Acting Native Commissioner, Mpika, 1905-1906, Assistant Magistrate, Tanganyika, 1913
- Robert Codrington, Administrator, North-Eastern Rhodesia, 1908
- Dr. L.S. Jameson, Director, British South Africa Company
- E.A.A. Jones, Assistant Magistrate, Awemba, 1913
- G.M.E. Leyer, Assistant Magistrate, Mweru and Luapula, 1913
- C. McKinnon, Civil Commissioner and Magistrate, North Loangwa and Awembu, 1908
- L.S. Waterall, Assistant Native Commissioner, 1913
Other Finding Aids
A handlist is available in the library reading room.
- Rhodesian photographs
- Paul Davidson
- Language of description
- Script of description