Works of Philip Guedalla
Works of Philip Guedalla, consisting of manuscript and typescript copies of:
- 'Court martial of an emperor', an unfinished play
- 'The partition of Europe', first published, Oxford, 1914
- 'The Second Empire', first published, London, 1922
- 'Fathers of the Revolution', first published, New York, 1926
- 'The Duke', first published, London, 1931
- 'Argentine tango', first published, London, 1932
- 'The Hundred Days', first published, London, 1934
- 'The hundred years', first published, London, 1936
- 'The hundredth year ', first published, London, 1939
- 'Mr Churchill: a portrait', first published, London, 1941
- 'Middle East, 1940-2: a study in air power', first published, London, 1944
- [c. 1914-1944]
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. hist. c. 410].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. hist. c. 410, d. 264-277
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 10810
Biographical / Historical
Philip Guedalla (1899-1944) was a historian and essayist. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 40002-16.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The works were given to the Library by Philip Guedalla's wife in 1966.
- Works of Philip Guedalla
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description
- Script of description