Papers of W.H. Hutton as archdeacon of Northampton
Papers of W.H. Hutton as Archdeacon of Northampton, consisting of:
- a record book of Hutton containing notes made on visits to churches in Northampton archdeaconry, 1911-19 (arranged alphabetically by parish)
- a report by N.T. Hughes on the condition of churches in Northampton rural deanery, 1912
- a collection by Hutton of newspaper cuttings and letters to illustrate the duties of an archdeacon, 1912-17
- letters to him from incumbents and churchwardens, 1912-19.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Top. Northants. c. 50].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Top. Northants. c. 50, d. 12-13
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13747
Biographical / Historical
William Holden Hutton (1860-1930) was Archdeacon of Northampton.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, nos. 54531-3.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given to the Library by W.H. Hutton, 1920-6.
- Papers of W.H. Hutton as Archdeacon of Northampton
- Susan Thomas
- Language of description