Oxfordshire Architectural and Historical Society Hon. Treasurer's Papers
Accounts and papers of the Hon. Treasurer of the Society.
- Creation: 1935-1980
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. Dep. c. 678].
Full range of shelfmarks:
Dep. c. 678-681
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13673
Biographical / Historical
The Society was founded in 1839 as The Society for Promoting the Study of Gothic Architecture. It was renamed The Oxford Architectural Society in 1848 and was refounded as the Oxford Architectural and Historical Society in 1860. In 1972 the Society was renamed the Oxfordshire Architectural and Historical Society (OAHS) when it merged with The Oxfordshire Archaeological Society.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were deposited by the Society in 1985.
- Oxfordshire Architectural and Historical Society Hon. Treasurer's Papers
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description
- Script of description