Queen Anne's Bounty Mortgage Papers
Queen Anne's Bounty mortage papers relating to parsonage houses no longer the property of the Church Commissioners, including correspondence, estimates, orders to pay and certificates. The papers are arranged alphabetically by parish in county groups within each diocese.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Top. gen. c. 92].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Top. gen. c. 92-9
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13367
Biographical / Historical
Queen Anne's Bounty was a perpetual fund of first-fruits and tenths, established in 1704, used to augment poor ecclesiastical livings.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, nos. 54166-73.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were bought from Peter Eaton in 1970.
- Queen Anne's Bounty Mortgage Papers
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description