An Annotated Copy of Joseph Ritson, Bibliographia poetica (London, 1802)
A copy of Joseph Ritson, Bibliographia poetica (London, 1802), interleaved, with notes by Joseph Haslewood (mainly taken from Edmund Malone's copy), James Boswell the younger, W.E. Buckley (mainly taken from Sir Samuel Egerton Brydges's copy), and Sir Frederic Madden.
- 19th cent.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Don. e. 2].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Don. e. 2-3
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13426
Biographical / Historical
Joseph Ritson (1752-1803) was a literary critic. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 39126-7.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The volumes were bought from P.J. & A.E. Dobell and given to the Library by the Friends of the Bodleian in 1933.
- 19th century
- Boswell | James | 1778-1822 | Lawyer and Editor
- Buckley | William Edward | ? 1817-1892
- English poetry -- Bio-bibliography
- Haslewood | Joseph | 1769-1833 | Antiquary
- Madden | Sir | Frederic | 1801-1873 | Knight | Antiquary, and Palaeographer
- Poets, English
- Ritson | Joseph | 1752-1803 | Literary Critic
- An Annotated Copy of Joseph Ritson, Bibliographia poetica (London, 1802)
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description