Miscellaneous literary and other letters collected by John Fuggles
Miscellaneous literary and other letters collected by John Fuggles, 1889-1973, n.d., including letters from:
- fols. 23-24) Geoffrey Fisher, 1964
- (fols. 27-28) Louis MacNiece, n.d.
- (fol. 29) Iris Murdoch, n.d.
- (fols. 32-33) John Sparrow, 1950, 1967
- Creation: 1889-1973, n.d.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Eng. c. 5374, fols. 14-15].
MS. Eng. c. 5374, fols. 14-36
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 10345
Miscellaneous literary and other letters collected by John Fuggles.
Biographical / Historical
Geoffrey Francis Fisher (1887-1972), Baron Fisher of Lambeth, was Archbishop of Canterbury.
Frederick Louis MacNeice CBE (1907-1963) was a British poet and playwright who was part of the 'Auden Group'.
Dame Jean Iris Murdoch (1919-1999) was an Irish-born British author and philosopher who studied at Somerville College, Oxford.
John Hanbury Angus Sparrow (1906-1992) was Warden of All Souls College, Oxford.
For further details see the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by John Fuggles, 1995.
- Murdoch | Dame | Iris | 1919-1999 | novelist and philosopher (subject, Person)
- Miscellaneous literary and other letters collected by John Fuggles
- EAD version 2023 by Marion Lowman
- EAD version 2023
- Language of description
- Script of description