Photostats of Manuscripts of Bernard of Morlaix, De contemptu mundi
Photostats of manuscripts of Bernard of Morlaix, De contemptu mundi:
- British Museum, MS. Add. 16895, fols. 4v-72, 13th century
- British Museum, MS. Add. 22287, fols. 57v-122, 12th century
- British Museum, MS. Add. 35091, fols. 69v-115, 13th century
- British Museum, MS. Cotton Cleopatra A. VII, fols. 2v-54, 12th century
- British Museum, MS. Harley 4092, fols. 38v-84, 12th century
- Vienna, Nationalbibliothek MS. 978, 13th century
- Vienna, Nationalbibliothek MS. 898, fols. 69-70, odd lines only, 13th century
- photostats of 12th and 13th cent. originals
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Facs. e. 36].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Facs. e. 36-38
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 8691
Biographical / Historical
Bernard of Morlaix (fl. 12th century) was a monk of the order of Cluny, and a poet.
Other Finding Aids
A description is available in the Library, where there is also a card index to unpublished catalogues.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by Prof. R.A.B. Mynors in 1956.
- Photostats of Manuscripts of Bernard of Morlaix, De contemptu mundi
- Susan Thomas
- Language of description
- Script of description