Four ‘music books’ with decorated paper covers, containing collections of music for voice and piano copied by different hands
- MS. Johnson Mus. d. 20: Songs with piano accompaniment copied by M.E. Lloyd Lancaster (p. 25) and Clevedale (p. 34) 1853. Composers include Mozart, J.B. Cramer, Felix Gautier, Amy Cowell, and Mrs. Caroline Norton. Indexed at end.
- MS. Johnson Mus. d. 21: Copies of two Italian songs, one song by Sir Henry Bishop, and ‘Maryland, my Maryland’, with two unfinished copies of ‘Nelson Recitative and Air’ and blank pages. Mid 19th cent.
- MS. Johnson Mus. d. 22: Piano solo and duets copies by two inexpert hands. Mid 19th cent.
- MS. Johnson Mus. d. 23: Songs with piano accompaniment. Mid 19th cent.
- Creation: 1853, mid 19th century
0.44 Linear metres (4 boxes)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Johnson Mus. d. 22].
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Johnson Mus. d. 20-23
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 22673
Biographical / Historical
No biographical history recorded at time of cataloging.
Given by M.E. Lloyd to Mary Caroline B. Nevins, 25 March 1868
Immediate Source of Acquisition
MS. Johnson Mus. d. 20 was Sold by Hime and Sons, Music Sellers, 57 Church Street, Liverpool. MS. Johnson Mus. d. 23 was sold by J. Gurner, Stationer, 9 Wigmore St. Cavendish Sq [London].
- Four ‘music books’ with decorated paper covers, containing collections of music for voice and piano copied by different hands
- EAD version 2023 by Miranda Scarlata
- EAD version 2023
- Language of description
- Script of description