Papers of E. Basil Loveridge
Comprises reports on aspects of cooperatives from Botswana, Indonesia, Ceylon [Sri Lanka] and Iraq.
- Creation: 1952-1981
0.36 Linear metres (1 box)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Eng. c. 4699, 1, fols. 1-2].
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. c. 4699-4700
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 15335-5
Papers of E. Basil Loveridge (1918-2007), educationalist
Biographical / Historical
E. Basil Loveridge (1918-2007) worked as an adult education officer before joining the International Labour Organization (ILO). He worked in various capacities and in countries including Ceylon (Sri Lanka), Burma (Myanmar), the Philippines, Uganda, Botswana, Indonesia and the Caribbean. From 1966 to 1970 he worked in the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).
The papers of E. Basil Loveridge were previously catalogued as part of the Archive of the United Nations Career Records Project, but the decision was taken to separate them to form a collection on their own. The shelfmarks and the order in which they were originally catalogued have been maintained.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The material was collected via the United Nations Career Records Project, 1989-1992.
- United Nations (Organisation)
- United Nations Career Records Project | 1989-1992 (Organisation)
- International Labour Organization (Organisation)
- Loveridge | E. Basil | 1918-2007 | educationalist (Person)
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (Organisation)
- Catalogue of the Papers of E. Basil Loveridge
- Original catalogue by Martin Jennings, edited and revised by M. Webb. New version created by Francesca Alves
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Edition statement
- First edition