Papers of D. Burnell Vickers
Comprises papers concerning United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) in the Middle East, papers concerning United Nations Office of Legal Affairs and Southern Africa, and papers concerning the United Nations Temporary Executive Authorithy (UNTEA) in Papua New Guinea.
- Creation: 1948-1984
2.896 Linear metres (9 boxes)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Eng. c. 4706, 1, fols. 1-2].
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. c. 4706-4713
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 15335-3
Papers of D. Burnell Vickers (1922-1983), United Nations official
Biographical / Historical
D. Burnell Vickers (1922-1983) was involved in the establishment of the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA), and later in his career worked as Legal Counsel for the United Nations.
The papers of D. Burnell Vickers were previously catalogued as part of the Archive of the United Nations Career Records Project, but the decision was taken to separate them to form a collection on their own. The shelfmarks, and the order in which they were originally catalogued have been maintained.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The material was collected via the United Nations Career Records Project, 1989-1992.
- United Nations (Organisation)
- United Nations Career Records Project | 1989-1992 (Organisation)
- United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (Organisation)
- Vickers | D. Burnell | 1922-1983 | United Nations official (Person)
- United Nations | Office of Legal Affairs (Organisation)
- Catalogue of the Papers of D. Burnell Vickers
- Original catalogue by Martin Jennings, edited and revised by M. Webb. New version created by Francesca Alves
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Edition statement
- First edition