Papers of Ernest Knew
Comprises notes on Knew's career, reports and textbooks.
- Creation: 1955-1972
0.36 Linear metres (1 box)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Eng. c. 4697, fols. 1-2].
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. c. 4697-4698
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 15335-4
Papers of Ernest Knew (1908-2003), United Nations Official
Biographical / Historical
Ernest Knew (1908-2003) was educated at the Worshipful Company of Leathersellers' Technical College. He worked for the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) in Sudan as a Hides and Skins Specialist, and served as a United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) Adviser and Project Manager in Fiji on the development of a leather industry.
The papers of Ernest Knew were previously catalogued as part of the Archive of the United Nations Career Records Project, but the decision was taken to separate them to form a collection on their own. The shelfmarks and the order in which they were originally catalogued have been maintained.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The material was collected via the United Nations Career Records Project, 1989-1992.
- United Nations (Organisation)
- United Nations Career Records Project | 1989-1992 (Organisation)
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (Organisation)
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization. (Organisation)
- Knew | Ernest | 1908-2003 | United Nations official (Person)
- Catalogue of the Papers of Ernest Knew
- Original catalogue by Martin Jennings, edited and revised by M. Webb. New version created by Francesca Alves
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Edition statement
- First edition