Letters to John Alexander Chapman
Letters to John Alexander Chapman from:
- Thomas Stearns Eliot, 1948
- Clive Staples Lewis (2 letters) 1949, 1956
- Arundell James Kennedy Esdaile, 1955
- William Empson, 1956
- Frederick Wilse Bateson, 1957
- John Middleton Muny, 1957
- Adam Fox, 1957
- Sir Cecil Maurice Bowra (2 letters), n.d.
- Creation: 1948-1957, n.d.
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
This material is fragile. To ensure its availability to future readers, access to this material is restricted. Readers are asked to work from reproductions and published descriptions as far as possible. To apply to see the original, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining the subject of your research, the importance of this material to that research, and the resources you have already consulted. Please also tell us about the timeframe for your project, if any, and when you hope to visit.
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Eng. lett. c. 463, fols. 200-201].
MS. Eng. lett. c. 463, fols. 200-209 = Cons. Res.
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 22230
Letters to John Alexander Chapman.
Biographical / Historical
No biographical information is known.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by Mr. W.J. Craig, 1978.
- Letters to John Alexander Chapman
- EAD version 2022 by Marion Lowman
- EAD version 2022
- Language of description
- Script of description