First volume of the diary of Thomas Taylor
First volume (see note, p. 341) of the diary of Thomas Taylor [probably Thomas Taylor (1814-1892)- F. Boase, Modern English Biography, vol. V medical student, of London, 1839-1840. Comprises:
- (pp. iv, 1-207) Walking tours (pp. iv, 1-102) in Wales, May-July 1839, including (p. iv) table of miles walked each day, (pp. 103-198) from Wales to Scotland, July-Aug. 1839, and (pp. 199-207) Wales, Sept. 1839
- (pp. 207-257) Travels to and in Guernsey and Jersey and (pp. 220-257) through France, Nov.-Dec. 1839
- (pp. 258-341) Medical studies in Paris, Jan.-Feb. 1840, illustrated with some small drawing by Taylor, and engravings.
- Creation: 1839-1840
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Eng. e. 3090, fols. 1-2].
MS. Eng. e. 3090
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 10888
First volume of the diary of Thomas Taylor.
Biographical / Historical
No biographical information is known.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Bought from Waterfield's, 1998.
Half purple calf, marbled boards, spine missing; printed label, inside upper cover, of F. Warr, stationer, 63 High Holborn, London.
- First volume of the diary of Thomas Taylor
- EAD version 2021 by Hannah Jordan
- EAD version 2021
- Language of description
- Script of description