Correspondence and related papers of G. R. C. Davis
Correspondence and related papers of G. R. C. Davis (b. 1917) as editor of Medieval Cartularies of Great Britain; a short catalogue (London & New Yorks, 1958). The project, under the auspices of the Royal Historical Society, was begun in the 1930s; Davis became editor in 1952. The papers, including some drafts of letters from Davis, were arranged by Davis and comprises:
- (fols. 1-36) Letters relating to the development of the project, 1934-1957
- (fols. 37-242) Letters, arranged by country, supplying information, 1952-1927
- (fols. 243-323) Post-publication letters suggesting amendments and addenda, 1958-1990.
- Creation: 1989-1990
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Eng. c. 6040, fols. 1-2].
MS. Eng. c. 6040
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 21127
Correspondence and related papers of G. R. C. Davis.
Biographical / Historical
No biographical information is known.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by Davis, 1995.
- Correspondence and related papers of G. R. C. Davis
- EAD version 2021 by Hannah Jordan
- EAD version 2021
- Language of description
- Script of description