Lectures and other papers by Sir Charles Harding Firth
Lectures and other papers, n.d., by Sir Charles Harding Firth (1857-1936), mainly on 17th - and 18th cent. history, literature and literary men, including:
- (fols. 93-137) 'The position of men of letters, 1660-1700'
- (fols. 138-146) 'Language'
- (fols. 147-161) 'A history of Oxford during the Civil War, 1642-1646. Sketch of a possible division of chapters'
- (fols. 162-181) A paper on Oxford during the Civil War.
- Creation: Date not recorded at time of cataloguing
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Eng. c. 6055, fols. 1-2].
MS. Eng. c. 6055
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 21130
Lectures and her papers by Sir Charles Harding Firth.
Biographical / Historical
Sir Charles Harding Firth (1857-1936) was a historian. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by E. J. S. Parsons, 1980.
- Lectures and other papers by Sir Charles Harding Firth
- EAD version 2021 by Hannah Jordan
- EAD version 2021
- Language of description
- Script of description