Letters and papers of Ernest Hemingway and Martha Gellhorn
- (fols. 1-4) A holograph letter from Hemingway to his mother-in-law, Edna Gellhorn, 18 Feb. 1945
- (fols. 6-16) Photocopies of letters
- (fol. 6) To Martha Gellhorn for her lawyer, George Campbell Becket, 30 Oct. 1945 [incomplete]
- (fol. 7) From Edna Gellhorn to Becket, [19 Aug. 1946]
- (fols. 8-11) From Hemingway to Edna Gellhorn, 1 Nov. 1945
- (fols. 12-13) From Martha to Edna Gellhorn, 13 Aug. 
- (fols. 14-16) From Hemingway to Gellhorn, 5 Aug. 1946
- (fols. 17-31) A holograph draft by Martha Gellhorn, apparently of a short story (lacking the opening leaves), n.d.
- Creation: 1945-1946, n.d.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Eng. c. 6174, fols. 1-2].
MS. Eng. c. 6174
MS. Res. C. 597
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 6867
Letters and papers of Ernest Hemingway and Martha Gellhorn.
Biographical / Historical
Ernest Miller Hemingway (1899/2 - 1961) was an American novelist, short-story writer and war correspondent.
Martha Ellis Gellhorn (1908-1998) was an American novelist and journalist.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by Elise Becket Smith, 1988.
- Letters and papers of Ernest Hemingway and Martha Gellhorn
- EAD version 2021 by Hannah Jordan
- EAD version 2021
- Language of description
- Script of description