Papers of Marjorie Wynne relating to Janet and Reynolds Stone
- Folder 1: Papers relating to Reynolds Stone's work, including exhibition material and engraving proofs; letters from Janet and Reynolds, Nov 1969-Jan 1994, n.d.
- Folder 2: Letters and cards from Janet and Reynolds Stone; letters and cards from Phillida Gili, née Stone, daughter of Janet and Reynolds; obituaries for Reynolds; photographs of Marjorie and Reynolds, Jan 1970-Sep 1987, n.d. (2 items = Closed)
- Folder 3: Promotional material for exhibitions and publications of Reynolds' work; letter from Janet Stone, May 1972-Jul 1982, n.d.
- Folder 4: Draft captions and blurbs for exhibitions of Reynolds' work; publication by Her Majesty's Stationery Office featuring an engraving by Reynolds, c. 1970s, n.d.
- Creation: Nov 1969-Jan 1994, n.d.
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Some material is closed.
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. 6272].
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 6272
Papers of Marjorie Wynne relating to Janet and Reynolds Stone.
Biographical / Historical
Marjorie Wynne (1917-2009) spent 45 years as a rare books librarian at Yale University; she was a pioneer and role model for many female librarians at a time when men dominated rare book librarianship. She maintained a long distance friendship with Janet Clemence Stone (1912-1998), née Woods, photographer and hostess, and her husband Alan Reynolds Stone (1909-1979), known as Reynolds Stone, engraver and letter cutter. For more information on Janet and Reynolds Stone, see the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Marjorie Wynne in October 2008.
- Catalogue of the papers of Marjorie Wynne relating to Janet and Reynolds Stone
- Meg Woodward
- Language of description
- Script of description