Photostats and photographs of material connected with Samuel Johnson
MS. Facs. d. 72
- (fol. 1) Latin poem Ad. T. L., M.D., 1 June 1778 (holograph) (San Marino (Cal.), Huntington Library H.M. 675) Photostats
- (fol. 3) Latin poem Phoebe fave addressed to Dr. Lawrence (holograph) (San Marino (Cal.) Huntington Library H.M. 20846) Photostats
- (fol. 5) Latin poem Nugae anapaesticae in lecto lusae (holograph) San Marino (Cal.) Huntington Library H.M. 20847) Photostats
- (fol. 7) Mrs. Thrale’s French journal, 1775 (1 page) (Manchester, John Rylands Library, Engl. 617 fol. 9v) Photostats
- (fol. 8) Holograph note on ‘Johnson’s Poets’ Photographs
- (fol. 9) Gilbert Walmisley, letter about Samuel Johnson, Photographs, 2 March 1736-1737
- originals dated 1736-1737, 1775, 1778, n.d.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Facs. d. 72, fols. 1-2].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
MS. Facs. d. 72
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 21637
Photostats and photographs of material connected with Samuel Johnson.
Biographical / Historical
Samuel Johnson (1709-1784) was an English author and lexicogropher. For more details, see the Dictionary of National Biography.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by Professor Nichol Smith, 1942.
- Photostats and photographs of material connected with Samuel Johnson
- EAD version 2022 by Hannah Jordan
- EAD version 2022
- Language of description
- Script of description