Facsimiles of manuscripts of Euripides from the Gilbert Murray papers
MS. Facs. d. 168
Facsimiles of manuscripts of Euripides from the Gilbert Murray papers, comprising:
- (fols. 1-164) The Medes in four manuscripts, i (fols. 1-21) Florence, Biblioteca Medicea Laurenziana, Plut. 32, 2, fols. 166v-176v (‘L’, early 14th century), ii (fols. 24-39) Paris, Bibliotheque Nationale, grec 2712, pp. 74-76, 79-91 (‘Paris A’, 14th century) and iii (fols. 41-83) grec 2713, fols. 108-126 (‘Paris B’, 12th century), iv (fols. 85-164) Vatican Library, Vat. gr. 909, fols. 117-157 (‘V’, c. 1280 A.D.)
- (fols. 167-186) The Iphigenia in Tauris in Laur. 32, 2, fols. 134v-144, one of a set of originally eight copies used presumably for teaching (the copy given by Murray to M. Platnauer is now MS. Facs. d. 156), with (fol. 166) a printed hand-out concerning ‘MSS. of Iph. Taur.’
- originals dated 12 and 14th century
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Facs. d. 168, fols. 1-2].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
MS. Facs. d. 168
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 21576
Facsimiles of manuscripts of Euripides from the Gilbert Murray papers.
Biographical / Historical
Gilbert Murray (1866-1957) was a classicist and internationalist, and Regius Professor of Greek at Oxford. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Facsimiles of manuscripts of Euripides from the Gilbert Murray papers
- EAD version 2021 by Hannah Jordan
- EAD version 2021
- Language of description
- Script of description