Photocopies of correspondence and papers of R.G. Collingwood
Photocopies of correspondence and papers of R.G. Collingwood, 1922-1944, comprises:
- (fols. 2-73) Correspondence with the Department of Archaeology, National Museum of Wales, 1922-1937 (fols. 2-21, with Sir Mortimer Wheeler, 1922-1924)
- (fols. 74-362) Correspondence and notes of Collingwood, and correspondence of his widow, with Oxford University press, 1928-1944, in several separate files, in original (reverse chronological ) order, a sheet at the front of each file giving the subject of the file, including (fols. 150-179) his autobiography, 1938-1939, (fols. 215-261) New Leviathan, 1941-1943, (fols. 262-324) philosophical works, 1943-1944, and (fols. 325-362) Idea of nature, 1943-1944
- (fols. 363-372) Copies of correspondence of the Clarendon Press with other Collingwoods, 1792-1939
- Creation: 1922-1944
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Facs. c. 159, fols. 1-2].
MS. Facs. c. 159
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 21483
Photocopies of correspondence and papers of R.G. Collingwood.
Biographical / Historical
No biographical information is known.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by the R.G. Collingwood Society, 1997.
- Photocopies of correspondence and papers of R.G. Collingwood
- EAD version 2021 by Hannah Jordan
- EAD version 2021
- Language of description
- Script of description