Photostats of writings said to be in the hand of Roger Ascham
- (fol. 8) Writings said to be in the hand of Roger Ascham: titlepage of Oecumenius, Catena on St. Paul’s Epistle to Philemon, 1542, (Cambridge, St. John’s College MS. 360 fol. 4
- (fol. 9) Official letters from Cambridge University, 1546 (London, Public Record Office, letters and papers Henry VIII vol. 21 pt. 1 nos. 203-204).
- Creation: originals dated 1542
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. MS. Facs. b. 15, fols. 1-2].
MS. Facs. b. 15, fols. 8-11
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 8846
Photostats of writings said to be in the hand of Roger Ascham.
Biographical / Historical
Roger Ascham (1514/15–1568) was an author and royal tutor. For more details see Dictionary of National Biography.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by A. Fairbank, 1958.
- Photostats of writings said to be in the hand of Roger Ascham
- EAD version 2021 by Hannah Jordan
- EAD version 2021
- Language of description
- Script of description