Copies of Properti carmina
Enlarged microfilm copies and photocopies of Propertius's works, used by E.A. Barber for his edition of Propertius.
- 20th century
0.55 Linear Metres (5 boxes)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Facs. d. 131, fols. 1-2].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Facs. d. 131-134
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13817
Biographical / Historical
Eric Arthur Barber (1888-1965) was a classical scholar. Details are given in Who Was Who. Sextus Propertius (? 47 BC-? 16 BC), Roman poet.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The copies were given to the Library by E.A. Barber's son in 1965.
Existence and Location of Copies
The originals are located as follows:
- MS. Facs. c. 38 - Properti Carmine
- MS. Facs. d. 131 - Deventer I. 82 (1792)
- MS. Facs. d. 132 - Leiden Voss. Lat. Q. 117
- MS. Facs. d. 133 - Leiden Voss. Lat. O. 38
- MS. Facs. d. 134 - Paris, Bibliothèque Nationale Lat. 7989, pp. 44-131
- Copies of Properti carmina
- Collection Level Description by Emily Tarrant; EAD version 2022 by Hannah Jordan
- Language of description
- Script of description