12 deeds and papers relating to Worcestershire
The documents relate mainly to lands in or near Feckenham which were at one time held by the Cookes family, and include:
- A 12th century grant by Gervase Paganel to Bernard Pagenal of land in Middleton and La Haie;
- Two copies of an enfeoffment (c.1300) by Walter de Aylesbury of Alured and Margery de Northgrove in lands at Feckenham etc.;
- An enfeoffment (1303) by Isabella widow of Sir John de Wanten of her son Henry in the manor of Thotebache.;
- A marriage settlement (1423) in which Richard Beaumond grants all his lands in Worcestershire and Herefordshire to John Jonettes, who is to marry his daughter Elizabeth;
- Creation: 12th-19th centuries
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. Dep. e. 50]
Dep. e. 50
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 8931
Box of 12 deeds and papers relating to Worcestershire, 12th to 19th centuries
Biographical / Historical
The Cookes family were a landowning family in Worcestershire.
Other Finding Aids
For a calendar of the documents see the National Register of Archives.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Deposited by Major D. Hodson, The Rise, Barton Road, Headington, 10 Jun 1959.
- 12 deeds and papers relating to Worcestershire
- EAD version 2021
- Language of description
- Script of description