Typescript of The Gaudy (A Staircase in Surrey, 1) by J.I.M. Stewart
- Typescript of The Gaudy, with holographic corrections, 1972;
- Leaves from drafts of passages in The Gaudy with holograph alterations, 1972.
2 boxes (0.22 Linear metres)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Don. d. 164/1].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Don. d. 164/1-2, d. 165
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13934
Typescript of The Gaudy, from the A Staircase in Surrey Quintet, by J.I.M. Stewart.
Biographical / Historical
John Innes Mackintosh Stewart (1906-1994) was a critic and novelist. He wrote under the pseudonym Michael Innes. For further details see the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography.
Other Finding Aids
A description is available in the Library, where there is also a card index to unpublished catalogues.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by J.I.M. Stewart through the Friends of the Bodleian, 1977.
- Typescript of The Gaudy, from the A Staircase in Surrey Quintet, by J.I.M. Stewart
- Collection Level Descripton by Susan Thomas; EAD version 2021 by Catherine McIlwaine
- EAD version 2021-02-12 16:18:32 +0000
- Language of description
- Script of description