Editors' papers for Oxoniensia
>Editors' papers for Oxoniensia, journal of the Oxfordshire Architectural and Historical Society, comprising:
- Minutes of the editorial committee, 1935-1978;
- Correspondence and papers, 1936-1983.
- Creation: 1935-1984
0.16 Linear metres (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is part-Closed.
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. Dep. c. 675, fols. 1-2].
Full range of shelfmarks:
Dep. c. 675, e. 332
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 21320
Editors' papers for Oxoniensia, journal of the Oxfordshire Architectural and Historical Society
Biographical / Historical
The Society was founded in 1839 as The Society for Promoting the Study of Gothic Architecture. It was renamed The Oxford Architectural Society in 1848 and was refounded as the Oxford Architectural and Historical Society in 1860. In 1972 the Society was renamed the Oxfordshire Architectural and Historical Society (OAHS) when it merged with The Oxfordshire Archaeological Society.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Deposited by the Oxfordshire Architectural and Historical Society, per. Dr J. Cooper, 1984.
- Editors' papers for Oxoniensia
- EAD version 2021 by Simon Mackley
- EAD version 2021
- Language of description
- Script of description