Zoology Map Archive
Comprises the following:
- maps and charts relating to Squirrel distribution data
- maps and charts relating to Wytham Woods, Oxon., with other miscellaneous charts such as illustrated notes and portraits relating to the Zoology department
- maps and charts relating to Canada, including the Hudson Bay Company.
- Creation: 1856-2005, (predominantly 1856-mid 20th cent), n.d.
0.88 Linear metres (4 boxes)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. 21682/1].
Full range of shelfmarks:
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 21682
Maps relating to Zoology.
Biographical / Historical
Oxford Zoology department was previously the Department of Comparative Anatomy. The maps and charts in the Zoology Map Archive reflect its teaching and former library holdings relating to: evolution, animal behaviour and conservation.
Arrangement is by original order and the original numbering system has been retained and recorded.
The archive was originally housed at in the Zoology Department Library, later the Bodleian Zoology Library. Collections were transferred to the Radcliffe Science Library when the Zoology Library closed in 2010.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred from the Radcliffe Science Library with the main Archive of Zoology in 2021.
- Hudson's Bay Company | Fur Trader, Retail Business group (Organisation)
- Oxford University | Department of Zoology (Organisation)
- Catalogue of the Zoology Maps Archive
- Kelly Burchmore
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Edition statement
- First edition. Original list by Oliver Bridle.