The life of William Nicholson by his son William
Manuscript (and typescript copy) of memoir of William Nicholson by his eldest son, William.
- Creation: [1780-1785], 1868-1874
0.30 Linear metres (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Don. e. 125, fols. 1-2].
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Don. d. 175, e. 125
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13261
Memoir of William Nicholson, chemist and inventor, by his eldest son, William
Biographical / Historical
William Nicholson (1753-1815) was a chemist and inventor. For further details see the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. His eldest son, William, wrote a memoir.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Bought from Emil Offenbacher (New York), 1978, and given by Bodley's American Friends, 1978.
- Nicholson | William | 1753-1815 | scientist and inventor (Person)
- Chapter Coffee House Society | London (Organisation)
- The life of William Nicholson by his son William
- Collection Level Description by Susan Thomas; EAD version 2021 by Catherine McIlwaine
- EAD version 2021
- Language of description
- Script of description