Translations, [1930s]; 1958; 1963; n.d.
Papers relating to translations by MacNeice:
- TS. of MacNeice's translation of Euripides, Hippolytus, with covering letter and comments by E.R. Dodds, n.d. [late 1930s?]
- MS. comments by E.R. Dodds on MacNeice's translation of Aeschylus, Agamemnon, n.d. [1930s?]
- Notes on, and TS. drafts with MS. additions of, translations for a BBC radio programme 'Medieval Latin Poetry', .
- Notes on, and TS. and MS. drafts of, miscellaneous translations from Latin, including Horace, Carpe Diem, n.d.
- MS. and TS. of a translation of Brecht, Legende vom toten Soldaten, The Legend of the Dead Soldier, . Probably for Hedli MacNeice's song programme The Cruel Wars.
- [1930s]; 1958; 1963; n.d.
1 box (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Latin; Greek, Ancient