Song programmes and recitals, c.1942; 1956-1959; n.d.
Papers relating to song programmes by Hedli Anderson, later MacNeice, including:
- Folder 1: Programme notes, introductions and annotated lyrics, for several programmes of songs by Berthold Brecht, including TS. 'The Seven Deadly Sins. English version of Brecht, Die sieben Todsünden, by W.H. Auden & Chester Kallman', n.d.; 'A Programme of Verse by Berthold Brecht set to music by Hanns Eisler, Kurt Weill, Paul Dessau, & the Poet Himself' n.d.; 'Poems and Songs of Berthold Brecht', 1959.
- Folder 2: Incomplete TS. of Song Cycle, annotated for performance, c.1942.
- Folder 3: Notes and programme drafts for a programme on war in European history, 'The Cruel Wars', including a TS. of a poem by Louis MacNeice, 'Down The Years', n.d. [1958?]
- Folder 4: Notes, introduction and lyrics for a programme 'German History in Song', n.d.
- Folder 5: Notes, and drafts for introductions, on various programmes, 1956 and n.d. Includes an annotated script for a radio programme in German, 'Music Magazine: English Historical Ballads (Historische Balladen und Lieder)', 1956.
- Folder 6: Miscellaneous MS., mainly in Hedli MacNeice's hand, and TS. of song lyrics and poems, n.d. Includes an incomplete MS. by W.H. Auden, 'O tell me the truth about love' (one page missing), n.d.
- c.1942; 1956-1959; n.d.
1 box (6 folders)
Language of Materials
German, French, Greek