Papers of Lieut.-Colonel H. Moyse-Bartlett, MBE, [1890-1970s]
Papers relating to a history of the King's African Rifles, written for inclusion in the Famous Regiments series (London, Leo Cooper Ltd., [1970s]) and covering the post-1945 period
- Notes from various sources and a manuscript draft, [1970s]
- Notes, and copies of letters requesting information for the history, [1970s]
- Typescript draft, [1970s]
- Related notes and correspondence, 1972-1973
Papers relating to King's African Rifles - A Study in the Military History of East and Central Africa, 1890-1945, by Moyse-Bartlett (Aldershot, Gale & Polden, 1956)
- Volume of maps, nd.
- Related personal correspondence, 1955-1970
- Correspondence, 1952-1963, relating to the publication contract
- Notes and papers relating to the Regiment's history, [c1960s]
- Correspondence, 1952-1972, relating to the Regiment's trust fund, uniforms, history, etc.
- Records of officers serving 1890-1914, nd.
- Records of officers seconded to the military forces of East and Central Africa, 1890-1914
- List of Indian Army officers serving in East Africa, nd.
- Related printed material, 1953-1973
- Card index of officers, 1890 onwards
- Creation: [1890-1970s]
20 volumes and files
Language of Materials
MSS. Afr. s. 1715 (197) (Boxes 12-14)
Biographical / Historical
Lieut.-Colonel H. Moyse-Bartlett, MBE was the official historian of the King's African Rifles.
Other Finding Aids
Listed as no. 920 (197) in Manuscript Collections in Rhodes House Library Oxford, Accessions 1978-1994 (Oxford, Bodleian Library, 1996).