Working papers and correspondence, 1974-1976
Notes of interviews with personnel from the oil industry, and correspondence before and after publication. Post-publication correspondence, reviews and speeches are at the end of the file (fols. 34-102). Includes:
- (fol. 2) letter from J.H. Loudon, 1961
- (fols. 3-9, 14-17, 19-20) correspondence with Archibald Chisholm, 1974
- (fol. 11) letter from G. Chandler, Shell Centre, 1974
- (fol. 12) notes of 'Lunch with Keating: Oct. 9 74', relating to British Petroleum and Iran
- (fol. 13) notes of 'Talk with Mike Ameen, Oct. 17 1974'
- (fol. 18) notes of 'Talk with Andre Benard, Monday 11 Nov.' 1974
- (fol. 22) letter from Geoffrey J. Keating, 1975
- (fol. 23) letter from Farouk M. Taufik, Saudi Arabian Embassy, London, 1975
- (fol. 24) letter from Wanda Jablonski, Petroleum Intelligence Weekly, 1975
- (fol. 25) letter from W.L. Dolan, British Petroleum, 1975
- (fol. 26) letter from Julius Edwardes, British Petroleum, 1975
- (fol. 27) letter from Thomas Mullins, 
- (fol. 28) notes on 'Socal (J Blum)', n.d.
- (fol. 29) interview notes headed, 'Iran (Drake)', n.d.
- (fol. 30) notes of 'Talk with Jim Akins', Jeddah, 
- (fols. 31-22) brief notes for 'Last Chap[ter]'
- (fol. 33) list of references, with page numbers, to Teagle [book unidentifed]
- (fols. 75-90) draft speech by Sampson, ?given to the oil companies, n.d.
- (fols. 91-98) statement by Sampson to the Subcommittee on Antitrust and Monopoly, US Senate, 3 Feb. 1976
- Creation: 1974-1976
Language of Materials
MS. Sampson dep. 86