Fair copies(?) by Lady Wilkinson, n.d. (c.1853-60?)
Volume, n.d. (c.1853-60?), containing fair copies(?) by Lady Wilkinson of chapters 1-8 of 'Distribution of Plants':
- (fols. 1-42) ch. 1, 'Introductory observations'
- (fols. 43-56) ch. 2, 'Rise of the science of botanical geography'
- (fols. 57-78) ch. 3, 'Of the principles upon which the science is based'
- (fols. 79-114) ch. 4, 'Local & extra-ordinary Causes, affecting the climatal conditions of the Earth'
- (fols. 115-34) ch. 5, 'Systems of Botanical Geography'
- (fols. 135-49) ch. 6, 'Systems of Botanical Geography, continued'
- (fols. 150-74) ch. 7, 'Physiognomy of the Polar Zone'
- (fols. 175-202) ch. 8, 'The Arctic zone', with (fol. i) an outline of the work.
- Creation: n.d. (c.1853-60?)
Language of Materials
MS. Wilkinson dep. e. 93
'The Eight first Chapters of the Dist. of Plants' (W); H 1 (interim).
For loose papers found in this volume, see MSS. Wilkinson dep. c. 24, fol. 81; c. 26, fol. 105, and c. 32, fols. 50-89.
Binding: decorated stiffened wrappers.