Catalogue of Wilkinson's library, c.1866-1876
Volume, c.1866-76, containing a catalogue of Wilkinson's library, arranged alphabetically by author and subject, with frequent cross-references, and occasional annotations by Lady Wilkinson, including:
- (fols. 3-4) lists of books lent and books wanted
- (fol. 4v) drawings of bookcases giving location references
- fols. 91-2) a list of Wilkinson's own manuscripts
- (fols. 176-7) entries for books by Lady Wilkinson and Wilkinson
- (fols. 181v-186) a list of Wilkinson's sketchbooks
- (fols. 189-206) an inventory of the contents of bookcases
- (fols. 266-70) lists of objects given to the British Museum in 1833-4 and subsequently, and note on collections donated to Harrow School in 1864 and subsequently.
(fols. 207-65, 271-6) blank
- Creation: c.1866-1876
Language of Materials
MS. Wilkinson dep. d. 151
'Catalogue of Library' (W); Z 7 (interim).
For loose papers found in this volume, see MSS. Wilkinson dep. c. 31, fols. 205-7; d. 159, fols. 165-7.
Binding: quarter red calf, gilt-ruled, red calf label on front board.