Published academic papers, 1860-2
Volume of published academic papers (with plates) by Wilkinson, 1860-2, including manuscript annotations and insertions (not all in Wilkinson's hand), comprising:
- (fols. 1-22) 'On the Rock-Basins of Dartmoor, and some British Remains in England'
- (fols. 23-8) 'On some of the Vestiges of the Britons near Hathersage'
- (fol. 29) 'On the Use of Granite'
- (fols. 30-6) 'On Ancient British Walls'
- (fols. 37-75) 'British Remains on Dartmoor'
- (fols. 76-7) manuscript copy of a letter to the editor of the Cambrian Journal (signed 'Reged'), 1862.
- Creation: 1860-2
Language of Materials
MS. Wilkinson dep. d. 104
'Wilkinson 1860-1862' (W); N 4/12 (interim).
For a loose water-colour found in this volume, see MS. Wilkinson dep. a. 12, fol. 29.
Binding: half brown calf, blind-stamped, gilt, marbled boards, black calf label on spine.