Published academic papers, 1839-c.1856
Volume of published academic papers (with plates) by Wilkinson, 1839-c.1856, including occasional manuscript annotations and insertions, comprising
- (fols. 1-7) 'On the Nile and the Present and Former Levels of Egypt
- (fols. 12v-20) 'On Greek Inscriptions from Delphi'
- (fols. 21-8) 'On the Decrease of the Level of the Nile, and on Egyptian Fortification'
- fol. 29) 'Inscription Illustrating the Legends of the Coins of Vaballathus'
- (fols. 30-7) 'Rome in 1848-49'
- (fols. 38-42) 'On an Early Mosaic in St. Mark's'
- (fols. 43v-45) 'The Apis-Tablets in the Louvre'
- (fols. 47-70) 'An Etruscan Tomb at Cervetri, the Ancient Caere', with (fol. i) contents page, and (fols. 8-12) papers by George Godwin and Colonel W.M. Leake, 1840, 1843, and letter from Colonel Leake, n.d.
- Creation: 1839-c.1856
Language of Materials
MS. Wilkinson dep. d. 78
'Pamphlets Wilkinson' (W); N 4/14 (interim).
For loose papers found in this volume, see MSS. Wilkinson dep. c. 22, fol. 105; c. 24, fol. 54.
Binding: half brown calf, blind-stamped, gilt, marbled boards.