Draft, entitled 'Journey in Nubia, the Eastern Desert, & to Bhnesh by J.G.W.', c.1821-3
Volume, c.1821-3, containing an annotated draft (with occasional ink drawings) entitled 'Journey in Nubia, the Eastern Desert, & to Bhnesh by J.G.W.', comprising:
- (pp. 1-63) ch. 1, 'Extracts from Hieroglyphical and other notes in Nubia'
- (pp. 64-132) ch. 2, 'Journey to the Eastern desert' (the basis for 'Notes on a Part of the Eastern Desert of Upper Egypt')
- pp. 137-45) 'Bahr Iousef & Bhnesh or Bhnesh'
- (pp. 142-57) appendix A, 'Thermometrical observations'
- (pp. 158-86) 'Preface to the descriptions of the Plates'. (Some of the annotations are not in Wilkinson's hand.)
- Creation: c.1821-3
Language of Materials
MS. Wilkinson dep. c. 13
3, 'Journey to Nubia 1823' (W); C 7 (interim).
Binding: stiffened marbled wrappers, detached from binding.