Sketchbook, 1848, c.1869-1872
Sketchbook, 1848, c.1869-1872, Oulton, Blundeston, Herringfleet and Burgh Castle (Suffolk), Haddiscoe (Norf.), Carisbooke Castle, Brading and Yaverland (Isle of Wight), Porchester and Bramshott (Hants.), Chichester and Sompting (West Sussex), Worth (East Sussex), Llanover (Mon.), Llandovery and the surrounding district and Llanstephan (Carms.), Swansea (Glam.), the Black Mountains (Herefs.), Llandrindod Wells (Radnor.) and elsewhere in South Wales, and on the Malvern Hills (Worcs.), including churches and ecclesiastical architectural details, with:
- (fol. 9) ground plan of Burgh Castle
- (fols. 24-5) Assyrian carvings
- (fol. 26) a plant (Cyperus longus)
- (fols. 28-9) the Mari Lwyd and New Year celebration at Llanover, 1870
- (fol. 47) trees copied from The Garden, 2 Mar. 1872.
- Creation: 1848, c.1869-1872
Language of Materials
MS. Wilkinson dep. d. 28
XXI (W); A XXI (interim).
Binding: half blue calf, gilt, marbled boards.