Sketchbook, c.1821-2, at sea in the Mediterranean, and in Egypt and Nubia, including people, contemporary scenes, and:
- (fol. 2) view of a mountain below Ermineh [Arminna(?)] in Nubia
- (fol. 3) Pompey's Pillar, Dec. 1821
- (fol. 4) the Pyramids at Giza from Ashmooa(?)
- (fols. 5-6) Fouah [Fuwa] from 'the Alexandrian Canal'
- (fol. 7) sailors playing instruments and dancing
- fols. 11-14) the Pyramids at Giza and other ancient Egyptian sites in that area
- (fol. 15) an obelisk at Matarieh [el-Matariya, ancient Heliopolis]
- (fols. 17-22v, 24, 26-8) various places on the river Nile up to or beyond the First Cataract, Mar.-June 1822
- (fol. 23) warriors at Wadi Taphi(?) and indigenous musical instruments
- (fols. 29v-31, 34, 38) views of Cairo
- (fol. 33) a Roman doorway at Cairo
- (fol. 35) 'Arab towers' at Alexandria.
- Creation: c.1821-2
Language of Materials
MS. Wilkinson dep. d. 9
V, II (W); XXVIII, 25 (GIA); A V (interim).
Binding: half black calf, gilt, decorated boards.