Notebook written by Sir William Dugdale, containing some extracts from records, c.1655
- (fol. 8) Lists of the great Officers of State in England (Chancellors, Stewards, Constables, Marshalls, Treasurers, and Chamberlains), often with short biographies and arms in trick.
- (fol. 117). 'This ensuinge discourse of Mortuaryes was written at my request by ... Mr. Thomas Barlow of Queenes Coll: Oxon., and sent to me 3° Dec. a° 1651.'
- 3 (fol. 156) 'De insignibus,' on heraldic arms, with other notes.
- Creation: c.1655
Language of Materials
MS. Carte 255
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 10700.
- From the Collection: Butler | James | 1610-1688 | 1st Duke of Ormonde | soldier and statesman (Person)
- From the Collection: Carte | Thomas | 1686-1754 | historian (Person)
- From the Collection: Davies | Sir | John | 1569-1626 | Knight | Attorney General of Ireland and Poet (Person)
- From the Collection: Fitzwilliam | Sir | William | 1526-1599 | Knight | Lord Deputy of Ireland (Person)
- From the Collection: Middleton | Charles | c. 1650-1719 | 2nd Earl of Middleton | statesman (Person)
- From the Collection: Montagu | Edward | 1625-1672 | 1st Earl of Sandwich | admiral (Person)
- From the Collection: Nairne | David | fl 1720 | Secretary to the Pretender (Person)
- From the Collection: Wharton | Philip | 1613-1696 | 4th Baron Wharton (Person)
- From the Collection: Wharton | Thomas | 1648-1716 | 1st Marquess of Wharton (Person)