Miscellaneous papers, chiefly extracts relating to English history in the 16th-18th cent., 17th-18th cent.
Among them are:
- (fols. 58v, 90, 144, 339) Copies of papers about Mary Queen of Scots.
- (fol. 80). Copies of letters from Archbishop Wake to L.E. Du Pin, 1717-18, in Latin and French.
- (fol. 122) Copies of letters of Archbishop Fénélon to the Archbishop of Glasgow, 1569-78, in French.
- (fol. 219v) 'Journal du règne de St. Louis,' 1226-1230, in French, copied in 1726: beg. 'Le Roy de France Louis 8 ne fut pas plutost arrivé': with a 'Preface critique' (fol. 163) by Ant. Aubry, also copied.
- Creation: 17th-18th cent.
Language of Materials
MS. Carte 224
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 10669.
- From the Collection: Butler | James | 1610-1688 | 1st Duke of Ormonde | soldier and statesman (Person)
- From the Collection: Carte | Thomas | 1686-1754 | historian (Person)
- From the Collection: Davies | Sir | John | 1569-1626 | Knight | Attorney General of Ireland and Poet (Person)
- From the Collection: Fitzwilliam | Sir | William | 1526-1599 | Knight | Lord Deputy of Ireland (Person)
- From the Collection: Middleton | Charles | c. 1650-1719 | 2nd Earl of Middleton | statesman (Person)
- From the Collection: Montagu | Edward | 1625-1672 | 1st Earl of Sandwich | admiral (Person)
- From the Collection: Nairne | David | fl 1720 | Secretary to the Pretender (Person)
- From the Collection: Wharton | Philip | 1613-1696 | 4th Baron Wharton (Person)
- From the Collection: Wharton | Thomas | 1648-1716 | 1st Marquess of Wharton (Person)