Miscellaneous historical papers from the Ormond Collections, 16th-17th cent.
- (fol. 1) Certified copy of a decree concerning Sir Leoline Jenkins's bequests to Jesus College, Oxford, and Cowbridge school, 1687: at fol. 110 is a copy of his will, 1685.
- (fol. 23, etc.) Documents relating to Irish history in the time of Elizabeth, James I and Charles I.
- (fol. 96) 'Copy of the Duke of Ormonds Act ... recd 2 March 1695/6.'
- Creation: 16th-17th cent.
Language of Materials
MS. Carte 204
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 10649.
- From the Collection: Butler | James | 1610-1688 | 1st Duke of Ormonde | soldier and statesman (Person)
- From the Collection: Carte | Thomas | 1686-1754 | historian (Person)
- From the Collection: Davies | Sir | John | 1569-1626 | Knight | Attorney General of Ireland and Poet (Person)
- From the Collection: Fitzwilliam | Sir | William | 1526-1599 | Knight | Lord Deputy of Ireland (Person)
- From the Collection: Middleton | Charles | c. 1650-1719 | 2nd Earl of Middleton | statesman (Person)
- From the Collection: Montagu | Edward | 1625-1672 | 1st Earl of Sandwich | admiral (Person)
- From the Collection: Nairne | David | fl 1720 | Secretary to the Pretender (Person)
- From the Collection: Wharton | Philip | 1613-1696 | 4th Baron Wharton (Person)
- From the Collection: Wharton | Thomas | 1648-1716 | 1st Marquess of Wharton (Person)