Miscellaneous historical works, about the middle of the 18th cent.
iv + 104 + 432 leaves.
- (p. iii). 'An introduction to the history and antiquities of the antient County Palatine & Bishoprick of Durham & other places in the northern parts,' corrected by Thomas Carte. This is practically an account of the material available for the historian, with a suggested plan of the work : beg. 'The Preface. Cap. 1. The use and advantages of a County history.'
- (p. 103, first series). Transcript of Jean Aymon's 'Actes des Synodes nationnaux des eglises reformées du royaume de France,' 1559-1659 (printed in 1710).
- Creation: about the middle of the 18th cent.
Language of Materials
MS. Carte 193
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 10638.
- From the Collection: Butler | James | 1610-1688 | 1st Duke of Ormonde | soldier and statesman (Person)
- From the Collection: Carte | Thomas | 1686-1754 | historian (Person)
- From the Collection: Davies | Sir | John | 1569-1626 | Knight | Attorney General of Ireland and Poet (Person)
- From the Collection: Fitzwilliam | Sir | William | 1526-1599 | Knight | Lord Deputy of Ireland (Person)
- From the Collection: Middleton | Charles | c. 1650-1719 | 2nd Earl of Middleton | statesman (Person)
- From the Collection: Montagu | Edward | 1625-1672 | 1st Earl of Sandwich | admiral (Person)
- From the Collection: Nairne | David | fl 1720 | Secretary to the Pretender (Person)
- From the Collection: Wharton | Philip | 1613-1696 | 4th Baron Wharton (Person)
- From the Collection: Wharton | Thomas | 1648-1716 | 1st Marquess of Wharton (Person)