'... Tabula bullarum papalium, cartarum regalium et episcopalium ac eciam omnium aliarum cartarum generalium que continentur in armariolo interiori in le spendement, tam regni anglie quam scocie ...', middle of the 14th cent.
Referring to the archives of the priory of St. Cuthbert at Durham. (fols. 41-42) are fols. lvj and lxiiij from a late 12th cent. cartulary of the same priory. On fol. 40v is an imperfect list of '(lib)elli manuales' lent out of the library at Durham, 1 Jan. 1423. (fols. i-xi, 43-end) are blank paper.
- Creation: middle of the 14th cent.
Language of Materials
MS. Carte 177
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 10622.
- From the Collection: Butler | James | 1610-1688 | 1st Duke of Ormonde | soldier and statesman (Person)
- From the Collection: Carte | Thomas | 1686-1754 | historian (Person)
- From the Collection: Davies | Sir | John | 1569-1626 | Knight | Attorney General of Ireland and Poet (Person)
- From the Collection: Fitzwilliam | Sir | William | 1526-1599 | Knight | Lord Deputy of Ireland (Person)
- From the Collection: Middleton | Charles | c. 1650-1719 | 2nd Earl of Middleton | statesman (Person)
- From the Collection: Montagu | Edward | 1625-1672 | 1st Earl of Sandwich | admiral (Person)
- From the Collection: Nairne | David | fl 1720 | Secretary to the Pretender (Person)
- From the Collection: Wharton | Philip | 1613-1696 | 4th Baron Wharton (Person)
- From the Collection: Wharton | Thomas | 1648-1716 | 1st Marquess of Wharton (Person)