Legal papers, copies of records, etc., chiefly, it would seem, from the Howard collections, 17th cent.
- (fol. 1v) a treatise of the Common Law of England and Tenures before the Conquest, by Sir Walter Raleigh, partly autograph and corrected by the author, in about 1606, with an autograph index prefixed
- (fol. 320) Shropshire records
- (fol. 462) Sir Edward Littleton's argument in the case of Ship-money against Hampden, 1637
- (fol. 517) Rules of the Court of Wards.
- Creation: 17th cent.
Language of Materials
MS. Carte 124
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 10569.
- From the Collection: Butler | James | 1610-1688 | 1st Duke of Ormonde | soldier and statesman (Person)
- From the Collection: Carte | Thomas | 1686-1754 | historian (Person)
- From the Collection: Davies | Sir | John | 1569-1626 | Knight | Attorney General of Ireland and Poet (Person)
- From the Collection: Fitzwilliam | Sir | William | 1526-1599 | Knight | Lord Deputy of Ireland (Person)
- From the Collection: Middleton | Charles | c. 1650-1719 | 2nd Earl of Middleton | statesman (Person)
- From the Collection: Montagu | Edward | 1625-1672 | 1st Earl of Sandwich | admiral (Person)
- From the Collection: Nairne | David | fl 1720 | Secretary to the Pretender (Person)
- From the Collection: Wharton | Philip | 1613-1696 | 4th Baron Wharton (Person)
- From the Collection: Wharton | Thomas | 1648-1716 | 1st Marquess of Wharton (Person)