Miscellaneous papers relating to the Crown of England, chiefly 16th cent.
- (fol. 11). Papers on the succession of the Crown of England, including addresses of the two Houses of Parliament to Queen Elizabeth, and two answers to the Bishop of Ross.
- (fol. 93). 'An aduertisment of a loyall Subiect to his Soueraigne drawen from obseruacion of the peoples speeches': beg. 'It is said that your Maiestie': apparently of James I's time, like the following.
- (fol. 95v). 'Obseruations whereby to knowe the state of a kinge and kingdome,' beg. 'My good Lord, the tree of knowledge.'
- Creation: chiefly 16th cent.
Language of Materials
MS. Carte 105
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 10550.
- From the Collection: Butler | James | 1610-1688 | 1st Duke of Ormonde | soldier and statesman (Person)
- From the Collection: Carte | Thomas | 1686-1754 | historian (Person)
- From the Collection: Davies | Sir | John | 1569-1626 | Knight | Attorney General of Ireland and Poet (Person)
- From the Collection: Fitzwilliam | Sir | William | 1526-1599 | Knight | Lord Deputy of Ireland (Person)
- From the Collection: Middleton | Charles | c. 1650-1719 | 2nd Earl of Middleton | statesman (Person)
- From the Collection: Montagu | Edward | 1625-1672 | 1st Earl of Sandwich | admiral (Person)
- From the Collection: Nairne | David | fl 1720 | Secretary to the Pretender (Person)
- From the Collection: Wharton | Philip | 1613-1696 | 4th Baron Wharton (Person)
- From the Collection: Wharton | Thomas | 1648-1716 | 1st Marquess of Wharton (Person)