Papers by Thomas Carte, 18th cent.
- (fol. 1). 'Titles of Chartres relating to England ...' in the King's library at Paris (from M. Du Puy's Catalogue) and other French repositories, 1080-1530, with (fol. 242) a chronological index.
- (fol. 143). Similar titles relating to Scotland, 1295-1558.
- (fol. 160v). List of bulls and other documents, a few relating to England, the rest to France.
- (fol. 162). As art. 1, titles of deeds 'qui se trouvent chez M. de Clairembault,' and (fol. 232) in the Royal collections at Paris, chiefly relating to England, and (fol. 303) in other smaller French libraries.
- (fol. 262). Collation of Paris MSS. St. Victor 817 and 419 of William of Jumiége's Historia Normannorum with printed editions.
- (fols. 302, 310). List of MSS. in the Herald's Office at London.
- Creation: 18th cent.
Language of Materials
MS. Carte 92
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 10538.
- From the Collection: Butler | James | 1610-1688 | 1st Duke of Ormonde | soldier and statesman (Person)
- From the Collection: Carte | Thomas | 1686-1754 | historian (Person)
- From the Collection: Davies | Sir | John | 1569-1626 | Knight | Attorney General of Ireland and Poet (Person)
- From the Collection: Fitzwilliam | Sir | William | 1526-1599 | Knight | Lord Deputy of Ireland (Person)
- From the Collection: Middleton | Charles | c. 1650-1719 | 2nd Earl of Middleton | statesman (Person)
- From the Collection: Montagu | Edward | 1625-1672 | 1st Earl of Sandwich | admiral (Person)
- From the Collection: Nairne | David | fl 1720 | Secretary to the Pretender (Person)
- From the Collection: Wharton | Philip | 1613-1696 | 4th Baron Wharton (Person)
- From the Collection: Wharton | Thomas | 1648-1716 | 1st Marquess of Wharton (Person)